Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steelers build thru Drafts but Top picks tend to take starting jobs sooner - Our flaw
(02-28-2018, 10:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep.  You are getting rep points from people who believe the myth that Marvin never plays rookies.  Just like the people who claimed Peko was garbage for years got lots of rep points and the people who have been claiming for years that Kirkpatrick is garbage.

Rep points have nothing to do with "grasping any concept"  they are based on people gpoing along with myths that are popular on these boards.

Artie Burns was "fast tracked" because in 2015 the Steelers had the 30th ranked pass defense in the league, and even then he did not start until the second half of his rookie season.  Until this last year the Bengals were never that desperate for a starer to fix a problem that bad.  But in 2011 they started Dalton and Green from day one because they had to.

If you look at the facts surrounding these players you will see that the teams decision on when to play rookies is not defined by some overreaching strategy.  Instead it is defined by the needs that vary from year to year.  In fact that is exactly why you did not go back to the time when the Bengals started rookies like Boling, Green, Zeitler, and Dalton.  Those facts did not fit the myth you were pitching.

Another "red herring" from Fred.

You pretend that I limited my time horizon to 5 years so that I could avoid talking about Boling, Green, Zeitler and Dalton. (Keep in mind that we would find good Steeler examples as well past 5 years.)

Implying that I have been making an all or nothing or all one way and none the other way argument.

I clearly stated in my original post that "this is a general difference. Each team does some of what the other team does more of when drafting".

I also made it clear that this was a "ratio" difference which also implies that EACH TEAM does some proportion of both having rookies learn behind experienced veterans and starting rookies more quickly or with less of a safety net player in front of them.

RATIO - a ratio is a relationship between two numbers indicating how many times the first number contains the second

Your attempts to show yourself as brilliant fall short much more often than you likely would admit to yourself.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers build thru Drafts but Top picks tend to take starting jobs sooner - Our flaw - depthchart - 03-01-2018, 01:34 PM