Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump confidant dumped millions in steel-related stock last week
(03-02-2018, 03:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: It's only a crime when you get caught!   Cool

Considering whose confidant we're referring to here, even if caught, I could possibly see a pardon coming, simply in the interest of self preservation. However, that would have to be weighed against the perception that a pardon would create, which might have consequences for the said self-preservation. What I'm openly wondering is, if Trump were to pardon said confidant to keep him from divulging "insider" conversations, (ok, I know pardon comes after conviction, but what I mean is if Trump uses pardon as leverage to keep his confidant from worrying about the consequences of a conviction, or if he attempts to scuttle any potential investigation), how that would affect public perception and also have other legal consequences that may draw Mueller's attention. So in a way Trump's options here might be limited depending on how the balance shakes out.

We could have another potential crisis looming here and even if it doesn't have direct legal consequences, could add to the chaos and stress that Trump is dealing with, and I'm not sure how that will ripple into the rest of his governing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump confidant dumped millions in steel-related stock last week - masterpanthera_t - 03-02-2018, 05:05 PM