Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Any interest in Josh Sitton?
(03-02-2018, 03:25 PM)hollodero Wrote: I still say it was a rather early pick. But whatever. Since we only got one first round pick this year, signing a vet still seems necessary. One tackle can't tackle all the oline problems anyway, even if he were the second coming of Munoz.

Also, after some year of observing these drafts I take the stance that no draft pick can be seen as a sure thing and hence drafting to fill holes is usually a bad idea, especially short term.

I never said it's a sure thing. Nothing is, really. Not even a free agent. We're not all that far off, really. I just know that this team is unlikely to fix multiple spots using FA. So I hope to see our top pick AND our top FA signing used to fix this disaster of a line. Until the line gets fixed, it's pretty pointless to even look at other holes.

(03-02-2018, 03:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No, at this point Og shouldn't be a starter anywhere on the O-line. LT is his only shot, he is even worse at RT.

Draft McGlinchey and have Og back him up in case McGlinchey gets injured until Og's rookie contract is up.

Definately move on from Bodine, but i still have hope for Fisher now that he has been cleared. Atleast i have seen some
good things from him in his rookie year when he was getting moved all over the place. Re-sign Andre Smith and with him
and Fisher one of them should be decent under Pollack.

Let Og backup LT.

I have more hope for Fisher than the rest of them, but that's not saying much. Keeping Og as a backup sounds nice, but I have a feeling that as long as Og is rostered, he'll get consideration for a starting gig. Honestly, I think we can do better even at backup tackle. Probably for a cheaper price. I'd trade him for a conditional 7th and wash our hands of that experiment gone wrong.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Any interest in Josh Sitton? - Chezaugie - 02-28-2018, 01:42 PM
RE: Any interest in Josh Sitton? - Jpoore - 02-28-2018, 02:10 PM
RE: Any interest in Josh Sitton? - jj22 - 02-28-2018, 02:15 PM
RE: Any interest in Josh Sitton? - t3r3e3 - 02-28-2018, 11:35 PM
RE: Any interest in Josh Sitton? - t3r3e3 - 02-28-2018, 11:37 PM
RE: Any interest in Josh Sitton? - CKwi88 - 03-02-2018, 11:40 AM
RE: Any interest in Josh Sitton? - Shake n Blake - 03-02-2018, 05:50 PM
RE: Any interest in Josh Sitton? - J24 - 03-03-2018, 03:27 AM