Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember When Obama Took The Guns?
(03-02-2018, 08:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: To the bolded they were already breaking the law.  That's not coming after legal gun owners and "confiscating" their guns.  Did they take guns away from non-criminals?  No.

To the rest: the program caught flack because they targeted certain races and not "criminals".  Had it been implemented in a way to avoid targeting one race and still be as successful there would have been less flack.  Along with a question about how effective the program was in lowering violent crime.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/21/it-looks-like-rudy-giuliani-convinced-donald-trump-that-stop-and-frisk-actually-works/?utm_term=.79fb50251295

Awesome, that last graphic shows that the racial breakdown is about equal to the prison demographic breakdown.  Not sure why race should be an element when considering a "stop and frisk" of "known criminals", but somehow it is.  

Let me put it to you differently.  Step out of your insulated life, and go spend a day or two on the street.  Go to all sections of town, don't just spend time in "the hood".  Watch for yourself who is perpetrating on who.  I'm a Surveyor, I'm outside a lot.  I see lots of stuff that I wish I did not, during the natural course of my job.. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remember When Obama Took The Guns? - SunsetBengal - 03-02-2018, 09:16 PM