Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember When Obama Took The Guns?
(03-02-2018, 07:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Agreed, and here is where the disconnect in the discussion on this board occurs.  Saying someone wants something to happen is not tantamount to saying they'll get it.  But claiming they want it is no less true for that.  I've made the comparison before, anti-abortion and gun control advocates use the exact same chip away/stepping stone strategy.  What reasonable person would be against a "common sense" law to ban abortions in the third trimester, except when the mother's life is in danger?  Then it progresses to, what reasonable person would object to any third trimester abortion.  The next step would be second trimester abortions, after all, who can't make up their mind to have an abortion within three months of becoming pregnant?  It's just "common sense".

I know you know this, but I feel it needs to be stated, these are not my positions.  However, one would have to be stupid not to see the end game (there's that word again!) for the anti-abortion activist.  IMO this is equally true of anti-gun types and it's equally obvious.  BTW, I'm going to start using "redder than a cardinal" from now on.  Smirk

I agree. I am against abortion in most cases, and it’s still quite obvious to me what they are doing. We saw it with smoking. Twenty years ago who would have believed you wouldn’t be able to smoke in a bar?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remember When Obama Took The Guns? - michaelsean - 03-02-2018, 09:26 PM