Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals.com article about OL at the combine
(03-04-2018, 04:11 PM)Joelist Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/New-combo-lines-up-at-combine/e397be99-4bc7-401e-bfdf-ff0653b23cf2

Some thoughts:

1) Pollak indicasting in any way he likes Ogbuehi and Bodine is enormously discouraging. We're talking about the worst Center and LT in the NFL here...

2) The draft talk was interesting. As Hobson mentioned the issue with drafting OL out of colleges running spread offenses its a safe bet the team braintrust has it in mind too (since basically he is the Pravda of that braintrust).

3) Also interesting was the comparison of Mike McGlinchey to Andrew Whitworth coming out of college (and this is not the first time I've heard that).

Mostly its pablum but you can leach out a bit of what the coaches are thinking from it.

I didn't like it, either, but Pollack can't just throw guys under the bus when we don't know what we'll have next season. Plus, maybe he sees things that he can work with them on to improve.  They did, after all, have Paul Alexander as their coach.

The draft talk also goes back to the first point because you can draft a guy high but his talent might not translate to the NFL, and then we're stuck with what we have on the team.

I think it's just coach speak while also keeping all of our options open.

I love that we have so many options and that we have coaches that actually know what they're looking for, doing, and talking about  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals.com article about OL at the combine - BFritz21 - 03-04-2018, 04:44 PM