Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wife of 7th Special Forces Group vet faces deportation under tighter immigration rule
(03-06-2018, 02:22 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Allow me to take a different view, for the sake of discussion.  Would not your proposed interpretation open the system up to abuse by people who will marry a US citizen to take advantage of this interpretation?  Any time you provide a loophole to benefit sincere "victims" of a policy or law you can bet a flood of people will come crashing through the same loophole who have no business doing so.

As to your last point, this is what makes the whole issue suck so much, real people, who have built lives, are affected in often tragic fashion.  The people to blame for it, the politicians from the 70's and 80's, aren't around to clean up the soft serve shit they left on our rug.  Immigration is a complex issue but it really comes down to a simple choice, are we going to have immigration laws or not?  If we choose to have them, then we should be enforcing them, with few exceptions.  If we choose not to have them, then this all becomes a moot point.

I think the system already allows for fraud, but I don't see this as a loophole. If the point is that this law is suppose to give relief to people who are living here illegally, I don't see it as a loophole that it would stop a deportation order.

I don't disagree with the last half of your post, I see this as one of the "few exceptions". Same with those who were kids when brought here. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wife of 7th Special Forces Group vet faces deportation under tighter immigration rule - BmorePat87 - 03-06-2018, 09:39 AM