Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A first happened for me today...
(03-06-2018, 11:05 AM)hollodero Wrote: Well OK, that sure all are valuable contributions I did not intend to belittle. I guess it boils down to the question, who would run if you don't. And if that person is considerably less capable and intelligent, and makes the next town hall debate just as painful as you describe the recent ones, then I still question your choice. You might too, right.
I get all that not wanting to raise money and being more of an introvert reasons, and in more normal times I'd think that's perfectly fine, but in these times... people like you need to get over it and step up still, especially when given the opportunity. I remain a "you absolutely need to do it". OK that's all, I rest my case.

I appreciate everything you're saying here. So there are two open seats this year the Dems are going to put up for, one candidate will be an incumbent and the other seat will be against a Republican that is a long time incumbent. There are currently two folks considering a run against the Rep, and both of them are good candidates. One of them is someone I actually advised on a run for our state legislature last year. Unfortunately, she lost in the primary, and then that guy was trounced.

Anyway, we won't be lacking in qualified candidates this year, which is another reason I have an easy time saying no. I have to say, though, you and others do make it a bit harder. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: A first happened for me today... - Belsnickel - 03-06-2018, 11:14 AM