Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did Bodine grade in last two games
(03-07-2018, 01:37 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Everything I've read has suggested that we played 6 games after the scheme change. That's when FiK noticed the directional blocking, and that's how many games Hobson himself said we played after Lazor switched it up.

Not sure where people are getting 2 games from. There was a clear difference from the last Browns game forward. I believe we averaged a whopping 4.6 YPC after that.

Yep, the last 6 games, started with the Browns.

Must of just been because we won the last 2 that knocked the Lions and Ravens out of the Playoffs why people say the last 2.

(03-07-2018, 09:09 AM)Stewy Wrote: In regards to this conversation without quoting any specific person.....

With new coaches that are on the same page and with the Piano man gone, Bodine might as well be a rookie IMO.  He's going to have to find his spot and fit.  Might be he's a right guard or a right tackle.  Perhaps none of the above.  But if the new coaches want him back I'm guessing it's not to be a center unless Anderson just forgot how to or never really knew how to coach lineman and the new coaches feel there's some gross improvements he can make in technique that will revolutionize his game.

Regardless, if Bodine is back it in a role that fits his skillset.

Always thought Bodine would make a better Guard than Center anyways coming out of NC...

(03-07-2018, 09:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think they should look long and hard at Boling to LT.  Yes, it was two games, but he handled two of the best in Ziggy Ansah and Suggs.  He is a solid guard with good pulling skills that could benefit him as a LT with his agility.  I know he played tackle in college.  Unless they get McGlinchy, I would rather go with a known and play Westerman and Redmond as the guards, and look for a RT (now that Orlando Brown will surely fall) in the draft and also get a Center to push (out) Bodine.  

Frank Ragnow would be my choice.  The injury to Billy Price scares the crap out of me....a bit longer tear and he was out for the season. On a bench press?  After practicing for weeks to compete in that?  And I am only 190 lbs and can throw the bar up 15 times right now, without any regular bench training (it isn't a very helpful swimming exercise).  Just kind of shocked me.  

If the Bengals went in to next season with a line like:

Boling-Westerman-Ragnow-Redmond-Fisher/Draft pick

I would be pretty excited for the offense.  

Same here, Boling looked really good at LT when he played Suggs especially and we all know how great of a player Suggs is.

He really improved from the Lions game to the Ravens game. This should definately be in the cards as i said as Boling is more
proven than any OT we would get in the crapshoot Draft. We should sign Byron Bell or bring Andre back as insurance in case
Fisher doesn't improve as well.

I liked Ragnow just as much as Price before the pectoral injury. Definately like him better after and James Daniels.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How did Bodine grade in last two games - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-07-2018, 03:00 PM