Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats the over/under on affairs
(02-16-2018, 06:10 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, that ship has sailed hasn't it.
---
Hilarious Hilarious  Boy howdy.

(02-16-2018, 06:10 PM)holloder0 Wrote: @topic I feel no one should care about any number of affairs as long as they don't impact the performance as a politician in any way. Which wasn't the case for Clinton (there were real impacts in efforts to deflect from Lewinsky, the world could see that), and which might not be the case for Trump if hush money was paid with campaign means.

When there's actual hypocrisy that's something sure worth mentioning, but one couldn't say that about Trump directly. One knew he was quite lewd beforehand.

Hey, we aren't the French. 

In most situations I too don't care what people do in their personal life if it isn't illegal and abusive. 

But the president is considered (or used to be) a role model children should respect, someone supposed to exercise good judgment and exhibit integrity.  (Recall he flap over Trump's speech to the Boy Scouts?)

So a horn dog for president is a serious problem.  It means he takes unnecessary risks, is disloyal to his life partner, can't judge possible repercussions of his actions very well.

And finally, the private life of public officials, most especially the president, is a national security concern.

Whatabout Clinton? Your note on the dysfunction of his presidency buttresses my case. And think of the grief he brought on Hillary, Chelsea, and his party. Trump couldn't learn from another's mistake? Voters could not see the risk of a repeat? 

LOL what would destroy any other president is now so trivial, given the many more serious consequences of the Trump presidency.  But even with the double standard for Trump, people should be able to see how bad personal behavior harms the office and "brand" America.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
whats the over/under on affairs - Griever - 02-16-2018, 11:06 AM
RE: whats the over/under on affairs - Dill - 03-07-2018, 07:21 PM
RE: whats the over/under on affairs - Dill - 03-07-2018, 09:14 PM
RE: whats the over/under on affairs - Dill - 03-07-2018, 10:58 PM