Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Paid Protesters Protest not getting Paid
(05-22-2015, 12:23 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It's a good question.  A better question is "don't protestors have jobs?"

And if it is structured as "travel reimbursement" or "grant", then it's probably not taxable and nor would it affect welfare benefits.  Get a bus ticket for $50 then get reimbursed $300 for your travel = profit.

The link I provided said something about filling out a form and having receipts. So its not "Get a bus ticket for $50 then get reimbursed $300 for your travel = profit."

But I know the narrative of people weren't really upset about the police shooting someone it was just a small group who pays people to look upset because...politics?

And how the chance of being reimbursed rather than being hired and guaranteed pay isn't s nice to hear as people were genuinely inspired to protest.

I'm sure there are "professional protesters". I know people who are professional funeral goers...if someone dies they are at the church! LOL! But the NEED for it to be an organized rather than grassroots effort in order to somehow downplay the event that spurred it is bizarre to me.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paid Protesters Protest not getting Paid - GMDino - 05-22-2015, 07:40 AM