Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats the over/under on affairs
(03-07-2018, 07:21 PM)Dill Wrote: Hey, we aren't the French. 

In most situations I too don't care what people do in their personal life if it isn't illegal and abusive. 

But the president is considered (or used to be) a role model children should respect, someone supposed to exercise good judgment and exhibit integrity.  (Recall he flap over Trump's speech to the Boy Scouts?)

So a horn dog for president is a serious problem.  It means he takes unnecessary risks, is disloyal to his life partner, can't judge possible repercussions of his actions very well.

And finally, the private life of public officials, most especially the president, is a national security concern.

Whatabout Clinton? Your note on the dysfunction of his presidency buttresses my case. And think of the grief he brought on Hillary, Chelsea, and his party. Trump couldn't learn from another's mistake? Voters could not see the risk of a repeat? 

LOL what would destroy any other president is now so trivial, given the many more serious consequences of the Trump presidency.  But even with the double standard for Trump, people should be able to see how bad personal behavior harms the office and "brand" America.

Yeah ok. Trump doesn't count to counter me. I wondered if expecting morals in form of strict monogamy from a president takes it too far and that there's a case to be made that he should not be seen as that flawless role model to begin with. I added a thousand words to that. I mean, it's more of a thought than a stance. I get what you're saying, these are fair points.
By that I did in no way mean that it's no one's business when a president whores around without filter, spews lewd comments, walks into girls' locker rooms, harasses multiple women and brags about grabbing them them by the  :andy:. I'd be willing to accept personal life choices, doesn't mean I'm willing to accept all that in a president. Of course not.

As for Clinton, of course he should not get a  Yawn Sick from an intern in the oval office. And all his affairs were really a bit much. With the dysfunction following, that I see of course as his fault first and foremost, but partly also caused by a public being overly interested in every shrewd little detail, and a bit less attention would have caused a little less dysfunction. But that doesn't mean that I think Clinton's deeds were ok for a president. They weren't for me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
whats the over/under on affairs - Griever - 02-16-2018, 11:06 AM
RE: whats the over/under on affairs - Dill - 03-07-2018, 07:21 PM
RE: whats the over/under on affairs - hollodero - 03-07-2018, 07:53 PM
RE: whats the over/under on affairs - Dill - 03-07-2018, 09:14 PM
RE: whats the over/under on affairs - Dill - 03-07-2018, 10:58 PM