Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Africa parliament votes to seize white owned land
(03-08-2018, 02:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, we also have to keep in mind that "progress" and "advancement" are terms that aren't necessarily accurate when speaking about civilizations, societies, or cultures. Those subjective terms rest on the idea that there is an evolutionary, linear track on which civilizations progress. This is a false narrative that was concocted during the era of European imperialism in order to justify their colonization and subjugation of indigenous people the world over. However, such classifications are not accurate, are not based on objective methodology, and are now mostly dismissed. The social sciences still have a hard time moving on from them because that was really the beginning of the movement, but there is a concerted effort to focus on more objective methodology since, as the name says, they are sciences.

Well, Bels, I'll have you know that if you pick the right starting points, draw lines in the right places and introduce the right standards, it is very clear that Western civilization, and especially the Anglo sector, does express progress towards civilizational perfection. 

Rather than begin with those "non-Aryan" cultures where mathematics, architecture, metal-working, astronomy, and, in a word, civilization actually started thousands of years before a town larger than 1,000 people existed in Britannia, or even with the Greco-Roman which laid the foundation for our very superior law, government and religion (and colonized what would become England), start at Afred's unification in the 9th century.  From there, almost nothing but PROGRESS. The English invented Gunpowder and cannons and ocean-going ships and the astrolabe and discovered the New World. They helped The Chinese restore their opium production, gave the  population of India a much needed thinning when the British army required their grain. And they spread the English language around the world, even to Pennsylvania and Ohio. Most importantly, they started up America which became the United States and the best country in the world.  And that's by American standards, thank you. You can apply them to any period of history you want--within the starting points and lines affirmed above--and you cannot avoid this conclusion: people who look English make good choices. 

The Brits don't get a lot of thanks for taking darker people's land and showing them how to better it under white ownership. I think that counts as proof that ethics are simply underdeveloped in some of these so-called ex-colonies of Britain not named the U.S. or Canada.  That is as clear as the boundary between England and France (after 1455, I mean, when the lines stopped moving).   Also, Brits and Americans may enslave other peoples but they don't enslave their own (again remember what I said about starting points and lines).   And before we get all weepy over slaves losing their freedom, remember that most of these idyllic peoples used violence to keep their freedom rather than learn progress and assimilate to civilization. It's still about choices and if you choose violence, well then you've lost my sympathy and support.  

Rather than wishing for a world in which nothing bad ever happens, maybe some of us should learn to appreciate all the blessings that have accrued to us since British colonies began donating massive amounts of raw material to British industry. That is what jump started the global civilization we live into day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: South Africa parliament votes to seize white owned land - Dill - 03-08-2018, 11:22 PM