Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump agrees to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, South Korea says
There's some thought on the part of US experts (sorry I don't remember the position/title/job description) on North Korea, that they are 90% or more complete in their ability to create a nuclear bomb. Based on that, there's skepticism that this move by KJU is simply a stalling tactic to build time until they complete the remaining 10% or less, and have a bomb. Because, North Korea is darker than a 100 foot deep cave, this 90% number is not certain, but the skepticism is, why would KJU want to have talks about denuclearization when he's so close to achieving his nuclear objectives? None of the carrots or sticks that many governments have tried against NK have had any significant impact on the tyrannical Kim family over the last 50 years. I will grant that the sanctions levied in the last year or so, are probably the most crippling especially considering that China seems to have somewhat supported them both in agreeing to the levying and to the execution by stopping their own trade with NK to some extent, but still it's hard to see why at this stage KJU would be willing to just say "Ok, I'm this close, but I'll just disarm everything and let you take me back to scratch, and I promise I will play your dancing bear". Regardless, if any foreign gov't should get credit (along with the US), it should be the Chinese (and it pains me to write that sentence as I hold them in about the same low level of regard as I do the autocratic Russian gov't).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump agrees to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, South Korea says - masterpanthera_t - 03-09-2018, 12:06 PM