Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Africa parliament votes to seize white owned land
(03-09-2018, 11:53 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You are correct in that it doesn't disprove your main point, but I don't necessarily agree that it has diminished. Explicit discrimination has diminished, but implicit racial discrimination exists to a very high degree and is constitutionally protected according to the SCOTUS.

I tend to agree with this. I also wonder how some of the discrimination from a few generations ago, still affects the communities due to their lack of built up capital to provide for themselves, and the lack of access to quality education. I believe that some (or a lot) of the discrimination from generations ago has led to poverty widespread enough among the black community that their access to quality resources and education is practically impossible and this is one of the reasons that they're not able to overcome their situation. We have one in a million examples (again, it's my understanding, but maybe it's more frequent) like Ben Carson, but that's just an exception to the rule that people with limited economic means and MAINLY a lack of opportunities (quality educational infrastructure) really have a hard time getting out of that situation and it shouldn't be that surprising. I will say, the same thing about white communities in the poor regions of Appalachia too. I believe even if a community is poor, as long as you have a decent school in the community you can have people come out of the community in large numbers and turn out to be successful. But when you have poor communities with no paths (think schools), for getting out, it shouldn't be surprising that those communities keep cycling the same situation through to their future generations, black communities or Appalachian for that matter. I'm sure some of the parental situations in poor black communities are a definite factor in this problem, but exactly how much, and what role some of the discrimination in the criminal justice system plays a role in causing that situation, I don't know.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: South Africa parliament votes to seize white owned land - masterpanthera_t - 03-09-2018, 12:18 PM