Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Do Girl Scout Cookies Go Bad?
Even though they're WAY over priced I still can't resist some cute little kid standing at my door asking if I want to over pay for a box of cookies I'll have to wait 3 months to get. 
I'm just a sucker for kids selling stuff..
A few years ago some kid came up to my garage asking if I would support their group to go on a trip . He looked terrified that I was going to sick my dog on him so I bought a box of extraordinarily stale tootsie rolls for way more than they were worth . I figured that if the kid could summon the courage to ask he earned it even if it was the only sale he ever made in his entire life . I still have the box full of stale tootsie rolls..
I don't know ... Some cute little kid could probably be selling nuclear waste and I'd buy it. I still remember the door to door gig when I was a kid. * see my post about selling Christmas cards in the dead of summer.  Lol
"You don't wanna buy some Christmas cards do ya?"

To answer your question about freshness, staleness is baked into the process to avoid the question of when it might go bad.. They're technically bad before they're actually made to insulated you from expectations of freshness.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When Do Girl Scout Cookies Go Bad? - grampahol - 03-09-2018, 01:46 PM