Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump White House quietly issues report vindicating Obama regulations
(03-09-2018, 11:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I don't understand.  Heck, if I measure my income in 2001 dollars, I'm doing well.  If I use today's dollar, I'm struggling.

That's not really how it works. If you had $100 last year, it's value in 2001 dollars was $72.35. So when you look at your income based on 2017 dollars it looks better than 2001 dollars. Am I making sense?

As for why choose that year, a strong dollar base is a good one to choose, but honestly it could've just been as simple as it being the first year of the millennium. You don't want to use a year in the range, so 2001 makes sense for a number of reasons.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump White House quietly issues report vindicating Obama regulations - Belsnickel - 03-10-2018, 12:06 AM