Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something isn't right about our free agency
(03-11-2018, 01:51 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I understand the thought that the NFL is fixed and I am sure the league has its preferred winners at times, but good and popular players stay away from the Bengals because Mikey Brown, our self appointed GM, doesn't believe in free agency as a way to improve a team.

He has been against free agency ever since it began and said it would ruin the NFL and he's been trying to prove himself right ever since.

Mikey Brown will make NO attempt to sign a good free agent. He'd rather take a flier on a draft pick with limited playing time and film than sign an experienced veteran where there are years of film and you have a good idea what you are getting.

A draft pick provides 4 to 5 years of relatively cheap labor compared to a veteran and that is more important to Mikey Brown. It's really just that simple.

Winning a championship just isn't very important to the guy.

I know it's the pats but they can make the most quietest big trades and nobody sees it as a big deal. Why would any team want to help them more by handing them a former 1st round pick? They get everybody I'm shocked they didn't get sherman.this goes for all the rest of the teams too just pay attention next week on all the rich teams getting richer. Pitt doesn't have to they got the 3 headed Monster on offense and their team gets away with murder. 

I've even thought about this. We can draft a player and he might not be much but whoever other teams draft or sign suddenly they are good players. Like no matter who we sign they are average,whoever they get is good.theres no winning.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something isn't right about our free agency - bengalsturntup926 - 03-11-2018, 05:02 AM