Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something isn't right about our free agency
(03-11-2018, 10:18 AM)Nately120 Wrote: There is ample evidence that Mike Brown's loyalty to his family and friends is what plays a major role in us not winning a championship.  The guy is in it to win it for his family and friends, not us/football players/the city/etc.  I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing if my ol' man left me an NFL team, but I'm also not going to delude myself into thinking Mike Brown is giving his all or that a supernatural curse is keeping them down.

Let me use an example of Mike Brown and a normal person (if I'm normal) to illustrate.  Mike Brown isn't a GM but he appoints himself the title.  Mike Brown takes Akili Smith instead of 100 picks from New Orleans.  It's the wrong choice, duh.  An actual GM who doesn't own the team who makes that move gets fired, but Mike doesn't because he's in charge.

I accidentally broke a light fixture in my house last month.  I'm no electrician and I know this, but it's my house so I can do it, sure why not, why pay someone else?  I ended up damaging another light fixture trying to frankenstein the original broken one back into working order by using "inessential parts" from light fixture #2.  So I ended up with 2 broken light fixtures because I blew it, but I didn't get fired because I'm working on my own house.  When I made the situation worse I did so because I didn't know what I was doing and I didn't want to pay someone else to do it...I didn't claim my house was unlucky or cursed, is the point.

So that's me vs Mike Brown.  He wouldn't be a GM for any other NFL team and no one would pay me to do electrical work of any kind.  Although now I'm wondering if I could finagle a side business where I sign on to do things for people (handyman work, dentistry, etc.) that I have no idea how to do, and then when things go wrong I declare the situation to be cursed.  Hmm...

This. There is definitely some truth to Mike running the franchise as he thought his father would (though I have a tough time believing that Paul would have let things get as bad a Mike did without making some major changes). 

Mike has a lot of flaws but his biggest is his sheer incompetence as an owner.. He simply doesn't know what he is doing, and he cannot swallow his pride and admit it. Plus, yknow, hiring a real GM would cost him his yearly $1 million bonus  Whatever And god forbid that new GM wants to build a practice bubble 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something isn't right about our free agency - Pat5775 - 03-11-2018, 11:07 AM