Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jim O - Expect Bengals to have about $15 mill for open FA market
(03-11-2018, 12:50 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: The bengals only have 2 guys not qb getting  paid over 10 million and a qb who is getting backup money.

36 million in cap space

Also, please explain why we need to save so much money to retain dunlap, Kroft, and Dennard.

Dunlap should not get a raise,  Meaning we will save money on his next contract.. 

Dennard a small one, and Kroft is not worth a 5 million dollar vet contract,  and even so, that will be for 2019... so

The only one getting a substantial raise would be geno.... and again that will be in 2019.

I am pretty sure they can  afford whoever they want/need .

mb just doesn't want to give up his 20 million dollar bonus he is getting so used to recently.

Dunlap will likely get paid by some team at a top 10 4-3 DE salary. That would be average $9+ mill a year. His salary cap hit for 2018 is $7.3 mill. He should get at least a $2 mill a year raise.

Atkins will likely get paid like a top 5 DT, which averages at least $14 mill a year. Atkins’s cap hit for 2018 is $9.5 mill. He should also get at least $5 mill a year bump.

And while I understand wanting to say the raises won’t come until 2019, the way the Bengals have been doing business the past few years is having the extensions consume some of the upcoming year’s cap to reduce the cap hit on subsequent years.

Agree with it or not, that’s how the FO chooses to handle extensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Jim O - Expect Bengals to have about $15 mill for open FA market - ochocincos - 03-11-2018, 01:42 PM