Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something isn't right about our free agency
(03-12-2018, 02:11 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Fred, I hope the team does do this, but there is no certainty that they will. Atkins will be 31 when the 2019 season starts and Dunlap 30.

How willing is Mikey Brown to extending two guys to the age of 34 or 35 for big money?

I can see Mikey Brown pissing one of them off with a low-ball offer or just plain backing out if one of them wants more than he has calculated in his budget. We've been loading up on DTs and DEs the last two years and we could draft more this year.

Then there is Dennard, who is young and good. I believe the team will also try to extend Dennard and if they do that will likely mean that either Atkins or Dunlap will not be extended. I just don't see them extending 3 players in one year.

Mikey Brown has a knack for just turning a player sour on the team.

Forgot about Dennard.

And I am predicting that we will extend the contract of one of our m,ain players that is due to become a free agent after next season.  I can't "guarantee" anything but if it does not happen I will admit I was wrong instead of not being man enough to own my prediction.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something isn't right about our free agency - fredtoast - 03-12-2018, 02:32 PM