Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cop tailgated me at night time and then gave me a ticket for speeding lol
(03-11-2018, 10:39 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: So a couple weeks ago I was driving home at night. A car comes out of nowhere and is right on my ass (65mph lanes where most people go 70).

I'm driving in the middle lane, and the headlights of a car are right behind me, so I go into the left lane and and he follows me (right behind me again). Half a mile later, I switch back to the middle lane to get him off my ass (the lanes are clear open) he switches right back, so as soon as I see him switch back to the middle lane, I go right back to the left lane to keep him off my ass and he turns on his cop lights - lol. That was suspect driving!

He said "I was following you for a mile there, you were speeding going 80."

I didn't have the guts to tell him, "well do you think I was speeding or changing lanes because you were 1ft away from my bumper the whole time and I can't tell that you're a cop car in the dark? 1 mile of a stranger doing that, I'm going to either speed up or slam on my brakes, which is better?". To be frank I don't care about the money/points, but I feel like this is a tactic he/they have been pulling on other helpless drivers.

Yes, I am going to speed up (in my Honda FIT which takes 10 seconds to go from 70-80mph) if I sense someone is driving erratically tailgating me at night! I should have gone to trial and embarrassed him if he showed up, and asked how many times he's pulled that maneuver on others.

Sure I was speeding, and I guess he had nothing to do with it lol. I wonder how many wrecks cops actually cause instead of help stop by saying "you need to slow down", looking at autobahn statistics, where people know you better not get into that left lane if you see porsche lights from half a mile away.

It's one thing to radar me going 80 off the side of the road, it's another to try and cause the crime, lol, I don't know how anyone else would react to being tailgated at night like that. I don't like going fast in my Honda Fit, it struggles to keep that speed anyway. If he caught me in the other car, I get it.

I had one doing that leaving my brother-in-laws wedding reception.  I turned out and about 100 out he  pulled right up on me, and I instinctively sped up, then he pulled me over.  It was obvious.  The first thing he asked, was how much I had to drink.  I said "nothing".  He said when was the last time you had a drink.  I said 1990.  I have no idea how many people escaped while he had me pulled over. LOL He didn't give me a ticket btw.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cop tailgated me at night time and then gave me a ticket for speeding lol - michaelsean - 03-12-2018, 04:16 PM