Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals interested in Jordy Nelson
(03-14-2018, 12:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: TO signed a 1-year deal that was worth $4 million at most and put up almost 1000 yards and scored 9 TDs.  We should be so lucky to get another "bad signing" FA like that to line up across from AJ Green.  I don't get the TO hate.  The guy didn't make Palmer throw 20 INTs, he didn't make Marvin into a coach who can't keep a lead, and he didn't make Benson fumble constantly.

There are so many lousy FA signings we've made, but people keep using the guy who did his damn job as an example of what we do wrong.  Lordy!

Anyways, we don't need this Packers guy because every year we go into the season wondering how we are EVER going to get all our amazing WRs on the field at the same time. You know, then the season starts and AJ Green is the only good one, but we aren't to that point yet.

I've praised TO constantly (save for him the target on 13 of Carsone's picks that year; not all his fault, but that was a glaring issue), so I don't get the people on this board calling me out for things I've never said or insinuated.

Yes TO was a GREAT signing and he had big-time success.

BUT, Nelson could very well be another TO: sign a guy that will ball out, when the other half of the team is full of holes and needs attention, thus negating the good contributions that the signing would provide.

I don't see what's so difficult to comprehend here; the guy won't hurt us, but will he really make a significant-enough impact, when those same resources could be better spent somewhere else?

Stop it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals interested in Jordy Nelson - Truck_1_0_1_ - 03-14-2018, 12:46 PM