Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals interested in Jordy Nelson
(03-14-2018, 12:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I've praised TO constantly (save for him being the target on 13 of Carson's picks that year; not all his fault, but that was a glaring issue), so I don't get the people on this board calling me out for things I've never said or insinuated.

Yes TO was a GREAT signing and he had big-time success.

BUT, Nelson could very well be another TO: sign a guy that will ball out, when the other half of the team is full of holes and needs attention, thus negating the good contributions that the signing would provide.

I don't see what's so difficult to comprehend here; the guy won't hurt us, but will he really make a significant-enough impact, when those same resources could be better spent somewhere else?

Stop it.

I get that you're not bashing TO overall, but I still have to nitpick this point.

As the most targeted player, of course TO was the target on the majority of INTs. AJ Green was the target of 12 of Dalton's 20 INT's in 2013, for example. This doesn't mean the receivers were doing something wrong necessarily. Could be inaccuracy on the QB's part, or any number of problems. I get that you said it wasn't all TO's fault, but considering Palmer's history, and TO's history of QB's who didn't throw many INT's, I'd say it was more of a Carson issue.

That was far from the only year CP was prone to throwing INT's. He threw 20+ three times and was on pace to throw 20+ at least 3 other times. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals interested in Jordy Nelson - Shake n Blake - 03-14-2018, 01:08 PM