Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fixing starting weak links is Public Relations Gold that the Bengals should embrace
(03-14-2018, 04:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great thread Depthchart, reps.

The Cordy Glenn trade was a great start and getting Chris Baker was not a bad move either. If the FO keeps this up and lets
Bodine go and brings in a speedy Linebacker and drafts a top Center and RT fans will believe as you say. Still a lot of guys on
here that said this was a great start but they need to see more. I am with them as Merv is still the HC, but i find the Pollack grab to be bigger than most on here.

Same with Van Pelt, and hopefully Teryl Austin gets this Defense more disciplined so they can be more aggressive.

The FO cannot just sit on their hands after the great trade either is what i guess we are getting at.

Pollack offers a fresh set of eyes on the O-line and hopefully he can have some influence on which players to get going forward. Change things up a bit.

I would think the Bengals would enjoy the positive reactions fans are giving them now over getting Cordy Glenn and would want to build on that with more moves that please fans. Not letting fan consensus totally dictate what moves to make but keeping the pulse of what positions a consensus of fans think are weak areas. Should the Bengals agree that they are weak areas, then leaning to a move that will please the masses could be a deciding last factor between taking say a solid Center in round 1 versus an equally solid Cornerback, for example.

Factor in consensus fan pleasing as a draft factor to at least consider to improve Public Relations, retain more fans and build hope for the team.  A "know your customer" business benefit.

Treat it as a feather to put on the scale to maybe tip the scale towards say a Center in round 1. (assuming the talent between two players being considered at two different positions is very close)  (don't pass on a much better player just to please fans but make it a factor)

The Cordy Glenn move was a definite fan pleaser.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fixing starting weak links is Public Relations Gold that the Bengals should embrace - depthchart - 03-14-2018, 04:49 PM