Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Trade First Pick Mock
(03-17-2018, 07:34 AM)OSUfan Wrote: I think I have translated your complete destruction of the English language so I will address what I think you have stated.

1) They are not saying the same things about Leighton that they said about Vigil. Leighton is being lauded for his quick twitch and suddenness. While Vigil was stated as not having this quick twitch ability and rather his instincts made him appear to be faster and more athletic than he actually is. Just the opposite of Vander Esch who is being touted as ultra athletic with sideline to sideline ability. This was not stated about Vigil.

Leighton has drawn comparisons to the early Karlos Dansby where Vigil drew comparisons to Hunter Hillenmeyer. So yeah the comparisons and evaluations are not even remotely close. Vigil was looked at as a instinctive backer that may not be a super athlete but is a try hard guy while Leighton is looked as a very smooth and athletic guy.

2) Yes the O line has issues last year. Sure enough. LT has been addressed already with the trade for Cordy Glenn. Which was an excellent move by this franchise. So that brings us to RT. It would appear that you put a lot of stock in the underwear Olympics. Had it not been for the combine then Orlando Brown would be looking at a first round draft selection. One thing is true and that is that game film will always override combine performance. If the Brown selection were made to address the LT position then I would have serious concerns about it. He played LT at Oklahoma but Willie Anderson played LT for Auburn however both are a much better fit at RT in the NFL. 

3) Center.....It would seem that you take issue with the round that a center was drafted. Take a look at Travis Frederick who was a first round selection yet in the 2017 season drew a poorer rating than Bodine according to PFF as well in 2017 Pouncy did as well. Do I think Frederick is a better center than Bodine? Absolutely but that just points out that being a first round selection does not guarantee perfection.

When you look at those who are considered top centers in the league you are going to find they were drafted all over. You obviously have first round guys like Mack, Frederick, Pouncey and so forth. Second round guys like Hudson. Yet you also have guys like Jason Kelce 6th round, Brandon Linder 3rd round, Matt Paradis 6th round, David Andrews undrafted, Ryan Jensen 6th round, John Sullivan 6th round, Ben Jones 4th round, JC Tretter 4th round.............these are just top half of the league guys. 

So as you can see your debate point of 4th round being a factor in drafting a productive center does not hold water at all.

Lastly....do not try to define my being a fan as I am quite certain I was a fan before you were even born.....bro.

i was on my phone and was high as hell on pain meds cuz i just had my wisdom teeth taken out but nice attempt at trying to make me care about my grammar on a bengal fan forum lol oh and im under the influence of pain meds again today so i should apologize in advance.  Most importantly tho, wayyyyyyyyyy to early for Leighton.  Il take evans there thanks.  I like mason cole so im ok with the pick but center is too big of a need imo to wait til the 4th. just cuz history shows its possible to get a solid center in the 4th.  Id rather a daniels, wynn, or price thanks in the late first early second.  with 2 out of those three having experience as well up and down the offensive line.  and only 1 of those guys u mentioned being late round centers is a pro bowler in jason kelce.  Center is a major need here in cinci...id rather go early in the draft cuz id prefer a bro bowl type player at center and i think dalton would to.  so as i appreciate the effort u havent changed my mind.  Butu dont care which is fine. ohh and BTW bodine was a 4th round center too soo u can def miss as well, and bodine is a 4th round major swing and major miss.  Draft a center early and be done with it imo.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Post Trade First Pick Mock - OSUfan - 03-16-2018, 11:22 AM
RE: Post Trade First Pick Mock - Okeana - 03-16-2018, 12:04 PM
RE: Post Trade First Pick Mock - OSUfan - 03-16-2018, 01:58 PM
RE: Post Trade First Pick Mock - OSUfan - 03-17-2018, 07:34 AM
RE: Post Trade First Pick Mock - SadFaceBengal15 - 03-17-2018, 12:56 PM