Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orange Garbage fires McCabe 2 days before he retires to mess w his pension
(03-20-2018, 12:45 PM)Dill Wrote: 1.  A poster responds to an issue by saying we don't have enough info to determine who is in the wrong.

2. You pop up claiming one side is at fault-- either X or Y.

Thus far you're doing ok, except your assertion in #1 is rather generous.

Quote:3. so, incredibly, you attack the neutral poster for "accusing" or "asserting" that one side must be lying or corrupt--apparently the side you favor . . .

Except they weren't neutral, no rational person would have inferred this.

Quote:4. . . since your next move is to assess the credibility of one side to favor judgment towards the other.  I "have" to be accusing your survivor of lying when CNN has lost credibility? Why say something like that if your ONLY POINT was SOMEONE was lying.

Does any person really think CNN hasn't lost credibility as a pure news source in the past year or so?

Quote:5. I respond by questioning whether the issue can be shoehorned into an either/or, and whether taking a neutral position is in itself "accusation."   You have never responded to either of these points of argument on either thread.  

It clearly was an either/or.

Quote:6. This ended badly for you on the CNN thread, as your favored "massacre survivor" turned out to be the liar.

Hahaha, "my favored 'massacre survivor'".  I made no inclination towards either side.  I pointed out that CNN would have been automatically believed in the past, now not so much.  You know, they lost credibility in other words.

Quote:7. At which point your position was suddenly revised--ALL you said was someone must be lying, as if you had never gone to the mat for your survivor's credibility over CNN. 

I never did.  Asserting that I did is a pure lie,  See, you're lying again and I'm calling you a liar.  Stop lying if you dislike being called out for lying.

Quote:8. then you bring up the CNN fiasco on this thread as a triumph of discerning judgment.

Hahaha, I brought it up as pure bait, bait you swallowed whole like a good little fish.  See, you're an educated person, but you're not very smart.  This is a perfect example.

Quote:9. And Fred calls you on it. 

Also swallowing the bait whole.  Must be something about you and your buddies that you are so easy to lure.

Quote:10. Rather than calling you a liar, I repost the essential points of the CNN thread and align them with your points on this thread.

Looking like a liar yourself in the process.  Smirk

Quote:11.  In response you call me a liar before actually looking at my post, then when your factual error is revealed, you refute an argument that was never made.

Wait factual error?  You refute an argument that I never made.  

Messages In This Thread