Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orange Garbage fires McCabe 2 days before he retires to mess w his pension
(03-21-2018, 12:45 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Quote:Would you grant that people's statements may imply claims left unstated? Or how else do you get "this student is lying" from "he said they said"?
Why add he"survived a massacre"?

Perhaps because these students are ascribed a near mythical relevance
to the gun control debate simply by dint of being present at this school during the shooting?  Let me ask you this, do David Hogg or Emma Gonzalez have any special insight into the gun control debate that Joe Citizen does not have?  If they don't then why would anyone listen to them?

Quote:To put it another way, why don't you just get "he said they said"?  Even if one party must be lying, my statement doesn't incline one way or another,

but you read it as doing exactly that. Then add the other party,which has not survived a massacre, has lost credibility

Because CNN has lost credibility in recent times.  I don't know many, if any, people who deny this.

LOL "perhaps"? And still affirming CNN has lost credibility, like a security blanket.

"Near mythical relevance" does not logically get you from he said they said  to "Your assertion is this massacre survivor is a liar."
What gets you there, motivates you to go there, is an erroneous presumption the boy is more credible.

If you agree that statements may imply something unsaid (that is why you address actually unstated "assertions" and "accusations" of others) then you should agree the same holds for you

If CNN has lost credibility and your massacre survivor has gained it, then how are you not saying Haag is the more credible here?

(03-21-2018, 12:45 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Quote: Dino did not say the FBI fabricated results. Why are you imputing that accusation for him?
Because his past accusations lend themselves to this conclusion.

So you waded into the thread imputing to Dino a claim others were lying, not based upon what he wrote but upon your assumptions about past "accusations." 
Guessing that's why you waded into the CNN thread imputing to me a claim others were lying.

Dino and I don't wade into threads looking for liars and people calling others liars.

And you would call us "liars" if we did that to you.  That's how you find liars everywhere.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread