Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden would of beat David Dennison Ass!
(03-22-2018, 11:00 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: To be sure.  I think bfine's point is that such comments about Trump are, at the very least, tolerated on the mainstream media.

I don't know that seems more like your pet peeve than his :) ah doesn't matter. I don't know if what you say is totally accurate. As for this Biden thing, the only youtube clip I found right now was of Mika Brzccz...however, that Morning Joe person with the "bleeding face lift", and she clearly said that what Biden said was not ok. I honestly do not know how important Biden would be though, the words pretty much speak for themselves anyway.

(03-22-2018, 11:00 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If you'll recall the outrage when a GOP rep shouted out "You lie!" during an Obama SOTU address and then compare the either non-reaction or even praise for things like this with Trump.

No one interrupted Trump's speech though. I have no personal knowledge, but I guess the outrage was far lower about people calling Obama a liar after his speeches. During the speech, that's something else, and as I said no "liberal" dared to interrupt Trump.
Trump, on the other hand, speculated that not clapping for him is treason. As soon as such words escape one's mouth, there'll be backlash and that I can not condemn. Since you did that too, I wonder what the reaction would have been if Obama had ever said something among these lines.

(03-22-2018, 11:00 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The backlash against "you lie" was well deserved.  Why can Snoop, Eminem, Biden and others threaten the POTUS with violence and not be immediately condemned for it.  The only person I can think of who's actually suffered some consequences for this type of action is Kathy Griffen.

Yeh, that's this hot iron I myself can't carry the whole nine yards like the only truely righteous person could. There's an aspect of what comes around goes around to that. By that I mean Trump sure incited violence in his speeches, either directly or indirectly (second amendment guys that could handle Hillary), aside from that he is inflammatory, he is not innocent to me. Which doesn't make calls for violence ok, don't understand me wrong.
I do not know what Snoop or Eminem said. I do know that this Ted Nugent guy still runs around, and the things this guy said are pretty outrageous. Yet Trump and others like him a big deal and show it. All I'm saying is maybe it's not just the left aisle that lacks a certain principle here.

(03-22-2018, 11:00 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Trump is also routinely castigated in the press for these things.

Sure he is, but to a large extent that's on him. He called the media all kinds of abhorrent things, and these are just humans as well whose anger finds its expression in the way they report about him, and I have a hard time holding the media to a higher standard than the US president.
As soon as the media is actually lying, I do have a problem with that. I also do not like US news networks, so I do not intent to strike a blow for them. They are sensationalistic and sure over the top at times, I don't think what CNN or MSNBC is doing amounts to a scandal though. On the other hand, there's FOX news, the self-proclaimed largest most influential network, that in my view deserves way more critizism than the "mainstream" ones. But again, not a CNN fan.

(03-22-2018, 11:00 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It was made by the left's resident wing nut, of course it's in bad taste.

Hey it's not my cup of tea and you've been nothing but decent to me, but what's with the aggressive language of yours lately. Just an observation, feel free to ignore it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden would of beat David Dennison Ass! - hollodero - 03-22-2018, 11:31 AM