Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Serious Foreign Policy Thread--Bolton Cleans House
(03-23-2018, 10:21 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I highly doubt that we would use a nuke against NK. I would like to think that even if Trump ordered it, subordinates would refuse. An unprovoked nuclear strike could very well be the beginning of the end of the world.

Either way, any "pre-emptive" strike against North Korea would be globally condemned. It's almost as if we're the only country that doesn't realize than NK is the kindergarten student eating glue in the corner screaming for attention.

Well you are hitting on my major concern her, CK.  Our leader is also screaming for attention.

I cannot say that I "highly doubt" we would use a nuke anymore. Kelly and Mattis are still somewhat of a firewall there, but how long will they last? And neither Trump nor Bolton give a fig for "global condemnation."

And as far as the pre-emptive strike goes--if I were China or Russia, I would prevent it any way possible. If the strike actually occurs, I think China and Russia would have to react in someway. The US could hardly ignore nuclear strike in Vancouver, Toronto, or Montreal.

Further, just the fact that an undisciplined US president now has an advisor who is all about first strikes in Iran AND North Korea must greatly unsettle everyone--allies and adversaries alike. South Koreans have to be worried that a nudge from Bolton could provoke a firey response from young Kim.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Serious Foreign Policy Thread--Bolton Now! - Dill - 03-23-2018, 03:48 PM