Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Germany to block Israel from getting a seat on the U.N. Security council?
(03-23-2018, 03:27 PM)hollodero Wrote: The European Union just isn't the Soviet union. The only thing they have in common is the word "union". Which of course is small countries forming a bigger federation, thereby giving away some of their souvereignty. Sure thing.
As for Europe, we hardly stand a chance on our own, without free trade amongst us, without some unification on the world stage. We get owned on our own. Now we have the EU, a very flawed construct for sure, that has its disadvantages, but also gives Europe more power in this world. Economically, politically, and yes if it were up to me also militarily at some point.
Plus, the continent has a decade-long history of bloody, devastating wars, stemming from each nation having their own military and their own policy which mainly consisted of hating the others. Today most countries consider most others to be friends, something a person from 1900 wouldn't think possible. That's huge.

The European Union is built on democratic values. We all have free press, free elections, free speech, free people, balance of powers and all that stuff. The Soviet Union was built on a totally different principle.

Lastly, Germany as the EU hegemone is just not an accurate picture, and your sources are so heavily biased and one-dimensional, and you're so sinister and cynical without reasons rooted in reality, to take a careful approach for once. We have all kinds of processes that avoid one country dictating what's going to happen. That Germany is quite influential is out of the question, and why wouldn't they be. Much like Texas or California being more influential than Wyoming.

Your welcome, but no big deal, really. First I really don't mind, and second I most certainly wasn't always the perfect gentleman towards you, so why would I even dare to cry.

1. The German power within the EU is undeniable. Nothing passes the EU that doesn’t directly benefit German. Plenty of laws pass here that do not benefit Texas or California.

2. Your behavior towards me has no bearing on how I behave towards you especially giving you the courtesy of remembering your name.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Germany to block Israel from getting a seat on the U.N. Security council? - StLucieBengal - 03-23-2018, 08:29 PM