Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Let's talk about income inequality
(05-22-2015, 01:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This just is not true.  There are not enough well paying jobs for everyone to have one.  That is a fact i have pointed out to you before, yet you refuse to admit it.  Instead you just repeat the lie that if everyone just worked harder then everyone would be middle class or above.  And that is a lie.  There are people right now working two jobs to try and support a family.

In a capitalist system you are going to have winners and losers.  Everybody can't be a winner.  The question is what do we do that is best for the society as a whole.  People that already have money are able to manipulate the system and make more money.  That is why the government has had to create minimum wage laws and also make laws against monopolies, price fixing, child labor, etc. etc.

Anyone with any knowledge of economic principles knows that the poor are not just poor because they are lazy.  That is just the rhetoric that is being fed to the masses by the wealthy elite who want to continue to suck all the money from the middle and lower classes.

Capitalism is the best economic policy, but it needs to be regulated to keep the people at the top from using their power to take everything.

Fred, I totally agree with you on Capitalism, but please do not accuse me of lying.

Yes, there certainly are winners and losers. There are also the lazy and those who are afraid to try. It IS entirely possible for anyone to achieve middle class. Don't believe me? Just take a ride out to some of the construction sites. You will see plenty of Hispanic people that likely came here looking for opportunities and they found them. They likely started out as laborers, now they are foremen, equipment operators, and in some cases the General Contractors. Have you taken a look at the demand for medical professionals? I'm not talking about Drs and RNs, but LPNs, lab technicians, phlebotomists, etc. All of those pay well enough for someone to rise to middle class. You say that there just aren't enough good paying jobs out there? Baloney, just log into the degree course offerings of Community Colleges around the Nation. The job market dictates what programs they are offering. If there is no need for qualified people of a given trade or profession, they discontinue offering that program. It's really very simple.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about income inequality - SunsetBengal - 05-22-2015, 02:03 PM