Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media manipulation of children
https://www.dailywire.com/news/28385/watch-parkland-student-says-she-had-no-choice-ryan-saavedra

This is from last week but it goes back to what I mentioned shortly after the parkland shootings. Her quotes make it blatantly that she had no choice but to go with it..... all the attention and atta boys from strangers on social media is pushing her into this circumstance. This girl obviously has some issues on her own even before the shooting. Now adding into the cocktail the fact she watched her classmates die. This is reckless behavior by the media and these leftist groups who aren’t even all on the same page with the gun debate. Now the Hogg kid is going after voter identification lol

This girl had concerns about her school. Not national concerns on the leftist agenda.

Quote:WATCH: Parkland Student Says She Had No Choice On Entering Gun Debate Because Of CNN
Ryan SaavedraMarch 19, 2018

Screenshot: CBS News Video
On Sunday, CBS News' "60 Minutes" interviewed several students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School who have turned into left-wing activists following the shooting at their school.

During one segment, Sharyn Alfonsi asked Emma Gonzalez if she ever thought about not getting into the anti-gun debate because of how nasty it is.

"Did you ever think 'I don't want to get into this, this is a nasty fight that I don't want to be in the middle of?'" Alfonsi asked.

González responded: "I have no choice because there were CNN cameras there and my speech was broadcast all over the country in like 4 seconds and I had no idea they were going to be there."

WATCH:

Yet on "60 Minutes," Gonzales was not reticent about speaking, stating that President Trump's proposal to reward teachers who carry arms with bonuses was “stupid,” adding, “First of all, Douglas ran out of paper for, like, two weeks in the school year, and now all a sudden they have $400 million to pay for teachers to get trained to arm themselves? Really? Really?” She continued, “If you’re a teacher and you have a gun, do you keep it in a lockbox or do you carry it on your person? If the teacher dies and a student who’s a good student is able to get the gun are they now held responsible to shoot the student who’s come into the door? I’m not happy with that.”

Gonzales' claim that $400 million is going to pay for arming school teachers is wildly inaccurate and should have been corrected by Alfonsi. The truth is, only $67 million of the $400 million is going to train school staff who want to be armed; the rest of the money is going toward improving mental health and school security.

WATCH:

Messages In This Thread
Media manipulation of children - StLucieBengal - 03-26-2018, 02:55 PM
RE: Media manipulation of children - Dill - 03-28-2018, 12:21 AM