Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media manipulation of children
(03-27-2018, 01:44 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That haircut is used on the poster of depressed teenage girl.   It’s not about her looks, it’s about the weight she is already carrying, then add the trauma on top.  Watch the video.  She isn’t comfortable.

I agree...it's NOT about her looks.  It is about what she says.  Perhaps we could/should discuss that rather than attempt to be online psychologists and use our personal feelings about appearance to try and discredit her stance.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/25/us/emma-gonzalez-what-you-need-to-know-trnd/index.html

Quote:She had to make a Powerpoint to convince her parents to let her shave her head: Shaving her head wasn't political; it was practical. "I decided to cut my hair because it was a pain in the neck, if you'll forgive the pun," she told her school's Humans of New York-style Instagram account. "It was really hot all the time; it was very cumbersome and very heavy, leading to a lot of headaches."

Her parents weren't initially on board. So she made a 10-slide presentation with arguments such as "Spend less on shampoo." It worked. She shaved her head two weeks before school began in September.

Because, as I said, not everyone with that haircut fits on that poster of a depressed teenage girl.  

There is much more about this STRONG, level headed woman at that link.  Read her own words before passing judgement based entirely on your thoughts about her "look".  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media manipulation of children - GMDino - 03-27-2018, 07:03 AM
RE: Media manipulation of children - Dill - 03-28-2018, 12:21 AM