Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citizenship Required on 2020 census
(03-27-2018, 06:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I get all of that, and comprehend the ramifications of not having enough budget for everyone trying to live in a given area.  However, what is being missed here, is why are they allowed to be here?  They're in violation of the law, make them leave.  

I'd like to see a list of Nations that allow illegal immigrants to not only live there, but to gather, organize, and hold protests in their host Nation.  The US has policies on how to immigrate, along with steps toward citizenship.  The presence of illegals is not only costing a lot extra in budget allocations, but affecting the distribution of representation in our legislature.  When they wrote about all "free persons", I really don't believe that they intended for immigration laws to be completely ignored.

So, I say absolutely ask the question "Are you a US Citizen" on the Census.  If places that want to declare themselves "sanctuaries" for illegal immigrants, choose to do that, then let them foot the bill for keeping them around.  No need to pull from the Federal pot to care and maintain them.

To the bold, understood. And I'm not agreeing or disagreeing. But at the end of the day, the way our federal government works is that funds are doled out to local communities based on the number of people there. Those funds are used for a variety of things. And they're distributed largely because of the census. So the legal status is largely a side issue in regard to the fact that communities have to deal with the people there.

As far as other nations, they may not. That's why they're not us. If we're going to be more than the rest of the world, then we need to be more. If we're going to use other countries as a measuring stick, we deserve to be just as bad off as them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Citizenship Required on 2020 census - Benton - 03-28-2018, 12:21 AM