Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The left doesn't want to take your guns!
(03-30-2018, 04:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: Or, and I'm just spitballing here, we *could* also read more than one line in the linked article:

He's hardly a "leftist" except maybe compared to the more and more extreme conservatives.

I get that the gun issue is close to your heart, but calling him "arguably most liberal justice" in order to bolster your argument is very misleading without providing the rest of the (ten year old) article.

I think your views and your source is a bit outdated. 20 years ago Stevens was certainly a centrist and a Republican.

But now, at least in online forums, political labels have come unmoored from any logically consistent historical and social scientific grounding, and shift according to the whims of Fox Commentators and right wing bloggers.

Basically, if enough people say Stevens is a "leftist" for opposing ideals strongly held by the far right, then nowadays they are right. This can be confusing if you are still doing business the old way, thinking definitions through based upon historical precedent.   Here are some more recent versions of the political spectrum to help you acclimatize, Dino. I figure you are an anarchist.
[Image: SXtQDQc.jpg]
[Image: left_right_political_spectrum_011.jpg]
[Image: 33bc6df363392d136ce9416d676c8e41.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The left doesn't want to take your guns! - Dill - 03-30-2018, 05:53 PM