Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mom: Why raising my son made me question what female empowerment is doing to boys
(03-30-2018, 03:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5555959/Why-raising-sons-question-female-empowerment-doing-boys.html

Interesting article.  This issue has come up various threads on other topics.  It’s nice to see this standing alone.   Have we gone too far to the point we are making our boys nothing more than dependent men?

I believe so.  

Imagine then, how I felt, when Fin's nursery teacher told me of an incident when he had somehow become physically entangled with another boy. She offered him a cuddle because he was upset, which he stoically refused — and when told it was OK to be sad, my little four-year-old, red-faced with anguish, permitted one solitary tear to run down his cheek. I felt terrible. Because it seems that while society is trying to allow girls to be all things — strong, independent, emotional, empathetic — we will only permit boys to show aggression or boisterousness.

Yet any mother will tell you her boy can be just as sweet and vulnerable as a girl, and that the complex, wonderful reality of a son challenges any football-obsessed cliché that exists.

Offering a kid a "cuddle" and telling him it is ok to be sad--how is that only permitting "boys to show aggression or boisterousness"?

Sensitivity everywhere nowadays.

This little wimp is crying just because he lost his first cage fight. Will he ever break free from his mother to become an independent man?

[Image: article-2487527-19316DAC00000578-965_964x642.jpg]

[Image: article-2487527-19316CA800000578-390_964x642.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mom: Why raising my son made me question what female empowerment is doing to boys - Dill - 03-30-2018, 06:36 PM