Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republicans Promised to Cut the Deficit. It’s Only Getting Worse
(03-30-2018, 06:55 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: 5x Defense

Since they have half of the discretionary budget, and since their spending his highly inefficient and rooted on a world presence influenced by neocons and neoliberals, I would start there. But cuts have to happen everywhere, we just have to figure out what revenues look like. I would hold spending as is, work on increasing revenues, and then decrease spending after we have a good idea of incoming taxes.

Agree military needs cuts, preferably reducing overseas bases from 1000+ that cost $100bn a year to run. Secondly, the CIA needs a budget cut, I think I recall reading they get something like $60bn a year that isn’t counted as descrectionary spending. Thirdly, and I hate to say, but until we improve our own schools and infrastructure, we have to stop or lower foreign financial aid. Depending on how you slice it, we are borrowing money to give to other countries so they are nice to have us and let us put those military bases in their countries.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Republicans Promised to Cut the Deficit. It’s Only Getting Worse - Yojimbo - 03-30-2018, 07:44 PM