Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The left doesn't want to take your guns!
(03-30-2018, 08:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You keep saying this, but this is just like those people that say Ryan and McConnell are guilty of the same racist, sexist, whatever-ist nonsense that Trump says because they don't denounce it. There is a reason I don't jump on that with Trump's statements and why I don't ascribe his bullshit to all of the people that attended his rallies (I have never been one to say all of his supporters were whatever), and that's because people are responsible for what they say, not what others say. It's asinine to act in this way about things.

We both know that's not how things work.  If you attend an event as a member of Congress then you had best be comfortable with the sentiments that will be expressed at this event.  in the event someone says something you are uncomfortable, or flat out disagree, with then you had best express this asap.  I have yet to hear any Democratic member of Congress state that the NRA does not have the blood of children on their hands, that the NRA is not a terrorist organization, that they don't know what is best for us, that they aren't going to take a mile if the pro gun side gives and inch or that members of the GOP are the NRA's *****.  Like I said earlier, if you're content to follow the flag carried by these kids then be prepared to take the missteps they will inevitably make and own them.

You and I are rational people, we state what we think and our reasons for thinking it.  We also allow for reasoned disagreement.  The vast majority of politicians are not like this.  You have heard me say for some time that I do not trust the ultimate motives of the anti-gun side.  I have presented reasons that can certainly be argued with or disputed.  What cannot be argued with our disputed is that recent events and statements have lent credence to my previous assertions.  How much credence is certainly up for debate, that some is due is not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The left doesn't want to take your guns! - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-30-2018, 09:03 PM