Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The left doesn't want to take your guns!
(03-30-2018, 09:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Serious question, do we know of any lawmakers that were present for the speakers from that rally? I know some showed up to photo-op for the marching, but I don't even know who or if any were at the main event of it all.

No idea.  Counter question, do you think any of them are unaware of what was said at the rally whether they were present or not?  Surely not by this point in any event.  Have any of them disavowed the comments made? 

Quote:Overall, I've seen and heard a lot on the left talking about gun control since Parkland and the discussions would all have passed the Overton test. That being said, I don't follow many elected officials other than my own. Mostly, these have been wonks, pundits, journalists, etc.

Being completely honest I am not familiar with the Overton test.  I can say that I haven't seen a single response from a Democrat that attended these rallies stating the speakers went too far, or that the NRA doesn't have children's blood on their hands or that the NRA isn't a terrorist organization.

(03-30-2018, 10:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Stevens is still a registered Republican, right?

If he is, so what?  I'll answer with the same point that continues to elude GMDino, what you consider yourself is immaterial, your words and actions show others what you truly are.  Not a single person, aside from Stevens, considers him anything but a former liberal justice.

Quote:Also, the event's official website does not call for repealing the second amendment.

I never said they did.  My OP made no such claim nor could anyone logically infer that it did.  What it did say is that they engaged in extreme rhetoric which was popinted out in my post, as well as subsequent posts.

Quote:They call for a ban on further assault weapons

No, they called for a ban on semi-automatic "high velocity" rifles.  I've already addressed this point.

Quote:and suggest a buyback for those who choose to

Absolutely nothing new here, there have been buybacks for years.  They don't seem to be very successful.

Quote:and registration for the ones left remaining in the hands of private citizens. 

No thanks.  If we can't ask someone's citizenship status on a census out of fear then I certainly think asking people to register their legally bought property is far too much to ask.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The left doesn't want to take your guns! - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-30-2018, 10:41 PM