Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The left doesn't want to take your guns!
(03-30-2018, 08:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oh, it wasn't just them, I've cited numerous other statements and actions that would lead a logical observer to not trust the "common sense" intentions of the anti-gun movement.

I'm honestly confused why I keep having to reiterate the same exact point.  No one, including myself as I said at the time, expected Trump to take even a small step in that direction.  Time and events have proven this 100% correct.  There is also the context of his statement, but it generally boils down to Trump speaking first and thinking later.  I do appreciate your completely ignoring my point that numerous Democrats were at the March for Our Lives, should they not be responsible for the sentiments expressed there or immediately denounce said statements?  Also, I'm not sure why you ignored a poll that showed a disturbingly high number of registered Democrats are in favor of repealing the 2nd amendment.  Are they all "kids and retired guys" with no political power?

I got that, it doesn't change my point though.

In almost every instance, yes.  Why did you use rifle round instead of "assault weapon" round though?

Yes, among people who actually know about firearms.  It is a select fire rifle with a detachable magazine.  As there are a negligible amount of actual "assault rifles" in civilian hands (and I believe they have only ever been used in single digit numbers to commit crimes, 1 or 2 iirc) they aren't a consideration from a legislation stand point as they are already very heavily regulated.  Among people who have no knowledge about firearms the definition varies considerably.  It appears to be an arbitrary mix of meaningless features, such as a vertical fore grip, a pistol grip, a telescoping stock, etc. all of which have zero effect on the firearms lethality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_gun

long gun is a category of firearms with longer barrels than other classes. In small arms, a long gun is generally designed to be held by both hands and braced against the shoulder, in contrast to a handgun, which can be fired being held with a single hand.

Yes, a shotgun is a long gun.  Yes a 240G is a long gun and it is also a fully automatic weapon and thus generally not legal to own. 

Like i said. Its like a campaign ad with the talking points. Your title of "the left" through common sense was transformed into the "anti-gun" movement.

Yep right now more liberals than conservatives are being stupid when it comes to the 2nd amendment. Just like more conservatives are being stupid when it comes to when it comes to white supremacy and racism.

I was going to post a longer reply but im sick of fighting with my phone. And i cant get fancy with quotes on this mb

Messages In This Thread
RE: The left doesn't want to take your guns! - NATI BENGALS - 03-30-2018, 11:07 PM