Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Let's talk about income inequality
(05-22-2015, 02:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Fred, I totally agree with you on Capitalism, but please do not accuse me of lying.  

Yes, there certainly are winners and losers.  There are also the lazy and those who are afraid to try.  It IS entirely possible for anyone to achieve middle class.  Don't believe me?  Just take a ride out to some of the construction sites.  You will see plenty of Hispanic people that likely came here looking for opportunities and they found them.  They likely started out as laborers, now they are foremen, equipment operators, and in some cases the General Contractors.  Have you taken a look at the demand for medical professionals?  I'm not talking about Drs and RNs, but LPNs, lab technicians, phlebotomists, etc.  All of those pay well enough for someone to rise to middle class.  You say that there just aren't enough good paying jobs out there?  Baloney, just log into the degree course offerings of Community Colleges around the Nation.  The job market dictates what programs they are offering.  If there is no need for qualified people of a given trade or profession, they discontinue offering that program.  It's really very simple.

You have no proof at all of what you claim to be the truth.

The FACTS are that there simply are not enough well paying jobs out there for everyone to have one. Look at the unemployment rate. Look at all the people looking for good jobs. Look at all the people working at the best job they can get and who are still not able to get by without government assistance.

You have just made up a theory in your own head and ignored reality. Learn some actual economics instead of just making stuff up. You think that because there are SOME good jobs pout there that there are ENOUGH good jobs for everyone to have one. That just is not true.

It is not as simple as you think.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about income inequality - fredtoast - 05-22-2015, 02:59 PM