Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The left doesn't want to take your guns!
(04-02-2018, 11:46 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Quote:Please link me to a thread where it is claimed that ALL white people are white supremists just because of the actions of a minority of white people.

I'll be happy to do so as soon as I make this claim.  I don't get why you pull this tactic so often; claiming a person made an argument or claim they didn't make.  Everyone knows you do it and I don't understand why you think it helps your arguments.

Just to clarify.  Fred is not claiming you argued that "All white people are white supremacists."  He is arguing by analogy, the common denominator being that you are inferring something about a larger demographic based on the words and actions of a subgroup which does not speak for the whole. 

I.e., Fred is arguing that your argument has the same logical/inferential flaw AS FOUND in the argument that because a minority of whites espouse White Supremacy then all or most do. Just as that logic is invalid in the white supremacist example, so is it in yours. That invalidity is what Fred attributes to your argument, not anything about white supremacy.

Someone who so frequently invokes "logic" in support of his views should then address the point actually made--e.g., by showing how his inference from part to whole is valid--rather than digress into accusations based on misreading. 

I doubt there is a single person on this thread besides yourself who sees the "tactic" you attribute to Fred above. But Fred is at least the FIFTH person on this thread to have questioned your method, your inference from part to whole.  Addressing that weak link directly would be productive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The left doesn't want to take your guns! - Dill - 04-02-2018, 03:54 PM