Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The left doesn't want to take your guns!
(04-02-2018, 07:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: First, the thread is not about fear of a repeal of the 2nd Amendment, it never was and I never made the argument that this will actually happen.  The argument of the thread is that confiscation and repeal is a goal of people who claim that it is not.  ........

I'll summarize for all the mistaken assumptions being made here.

Some left anti-gun types would like to repeal the 2A.  Said repeal will not happen today, tomorrow or any time in the foreseeable future.  This does not change the fact that a not insignificant number of these people would like to see it happen and will actively work towards that goal.

Even among those not advocating for repeal desire far stricter laws than are currently in place, to the point of banning all semi-automatic rifles.  This is a even more sizable percentage of anti-gun types.  The extent of desired bans seems to increase as the anti-gun crowd feels the wind at their back.

Based on what has happened in blue states why would any pro gun owner trust the Democratic party on this issue?  A lot of noise was made over Lamb winning in PA.  Lost in that was the fact that Lamb put about as much distance between himself and the party as a whole in regards to gun ownership as you could conceivably do.

So, for those of you countering by shouting "fear monger", take two seconds and actually consider the point being made, not the point you want to argue against

(03-29-2018, 10:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So, perfect timing for my time on the naughty list.  I've been told numerous times that the anti-gun types (let's be honest, which consists almost entirely of the left) don't want to confiscate our firearms or repeal the 2nd amendment.  Then this happened................

No slippery slope kids, remember correlation does not equal causation...............................

So do please remember, the "common sense" bans they want should not be opposed by anyone and no one should fear they'd lead to even more restrictions.  ..................................

I could go on, but the point is made.  Please don't waste our time claiming the ultimate goal isn't confiscation and repeal.  You all got too excited and the mask slipped, a lot.    
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The left doesn't want to take your guns! - Dill - 04-02-2018, 07:57 PM