Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The left doesn't want to take your guns!
(04-02-2018, 07:37 PM)Dill Wrote: Lol,  and what is "the majority opinion" on what constitutes an assault rifle? Shall we go by that?

I don't know, is there a "majority opinion" on this?  As I've said before the term appears to be sued to make something sound scary and therefore we should ban the scary thing.  I have supplied the origin of the term, that being a select fire, magazine fed, non pistol.

Quote:No no, I do not have an answer to my question: What is a "leftist/liberal" then?  What "actions and words" make one recognizably one or the other or both?  

What is a conservative/rightist?  Are you really confused on this?

Quote:You've shown yourself ready to define what is or is not an assault weapon--not to accept what "many" think one is.
And you are ready to deploy the terms "leftists" and "liberal" to classify arguments and political actors--which is an implicit claim to understand what those terms mean.

Have any of these actors given you the impression that they are right leaning or conservative?

Quote:So kindly stop with the "many found" alibi and lay out whatever definition you are adopting from this nameless "many".  If someone asked me what an assault rifle was I wouldn't offer "many think it more dangerous than a hunting rifle" and similar definition-begging gestures.

Wait, are you asking me to actually define what makes a person be considered liberal or conservative?  Is there not a rather broad consensus on what constitutes a liberal or conservative opinion or topic?

Quote:"Left leaning" is a weasel term.  Reagan was "left-leaning" compared to Ted Cruz, but that doesn't make Reagan a leftist.

It's only a "weasel term" to someone trying to be a weasel.  As stated above there is broad consensus in this country on what constitutes a liberal vs. a conservative issue or opinion.

Quote:I don't recall any "leftist" argument you have ever made. No point in citing all your "right leaning arguments" until we have a clear idea of what you think constitutes left and right wing arguments, "leaning" or not. 

Then you've clearly not been paying attention.  Enough of your high jacking this thread though, please return to the thread topic or stop wasting my time with your twaddle.

Also, if you think you actually proved something with that second post I'm highly amused.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The left doesn't want to take your guns! - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-02-2018, 08:31 PM