Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 round mock
(04-02-2018, 10:55 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000924220/article/2018-nfl-draft-missing-piece-that-could-put-five-teams-over-top
Above is a link to an nfl.com article. They allude to the fact that theres a lot of tight ends worth drafting this year. The article specifically talks about the top 3 tight ends.

I keep going back and forth on the center issue. Do we wait until round two, or pull the trigger round 1? I’d love to get will hernandez and a great center, but we’re actually not in bad shape at guard right now.

Ive tried a few times to do new mock drafts and im never as happy as this mock i made last month, in which i dont draft a guard/tackle until the bottom of the third round.

Which brings me to my question: Does anyone else see a lot of potential value in round two? If one of the top 3 tight ends fall to us there it would be nice to have already grabbed the first center in the draft at 21–whoever that may be. Or maybe theres a defensive end worth picking there. Or maybe you reverse it and take that defensive end or tight end or linebacker or guard in the 1st and center in the second.

I just like the idea of having a 1st round pick have the potential of starting this year. I also like the idea of getting our biggest need taken care of right away, opening up bpa for the rest if the draft.

Regarding the tight end topic, the fact that our top 3 TE's are FA's after this year is the main reason to consider drafting one in the upper half. WTS, Eifert showed class by signing a one year 'prove it' deal, and if he remains healthy, he may accept a reasonable offer. Kroft has shown himself to be effective but is not to be confused with an Eifert-like quality player. If he has a great year, then he may get more on the open market than the Bengals would want to pay. Money-wise, he kinda controls his destiny, given an opportunity to shine one more time. Uzomah is the main one to upgrade from, and an early draft pick this year would accomplish that.

As for Center, I'm in the camp of wanting the best available for many years now. I'd be happy with whomever Pollack wants if we pick one at 21. We are better off at guard with who we currently have than we are at center. RT is just a hair less of a need imho, but still a real need unless Hart is a surprise, and I hope we get one after picking a center. Pollack/Lewis may have their eye on a much lesser-know FA that no one has mentioned yet. I can only hope this opportunity to really bolster the Oline isn't squandered. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
5 round mock - Bengalstripes9 - 03-15-2018, 06:07 AM
RE: 5 round mock - Bengalstripes9 - 04-02-2018, 10:55 PM
RE: 5 round mock - wildcats forever - 04-02-2018, 11:57 PM
RE: 5 round mock - Bengalstripes9 - 04-03-2018, 02:18 AM
RE: 5 round mock - ochocincos - 04-03-2018, 02:10 PM