Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 round mock
(04-02-2018, 11:57 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Regarding the tight end topic, the fact that our top 3 TE's are FA's after this year is the main reason to consider drafting one in the upper half. WTS, Eifert showed class by signing a one year 'prove it' deal, and if he remains healthy, he may accept a reasonable offer. Kroft has shown himself to be effective but is not to be confused with an Eifert-like quality player. If he has a great year, then he may get more on the open market than the Bengals would want to pay. Money-wise, he kinda controls his destiny, given an opportunity to shine one more time. Uzomah is the main one to upgrade from, and an early draft pick this year would accomplish that.

As for Center, I'm in the camp of wanting the best available for many years now. I'd be happy with whomever Pollack wants if we pick one at 21. We are better off at guard with who we currently have than we are at center. RT is just a hair less of a need imho, but still a real need unless Hart is a surprise, and I hope we get one after picking a center. Pollack/Lewis may have their eye on a much lesser-know FA that no one has mentioned yet. I can only hope this opportunity to really bolster the Oline isn't squandered. 

I kinda forgot all three tight ends have contracts expiring, makes even more sense to grab a tight end. With Eifert a question-mark going forward, definitely makes sense to grab one. It's pretty safe to say one of those three top tight ends will be there in the second. Granted we don't have to grab one that high. If we have our center spot filled though, it allows us to pick the best player there in round 2.

I would feel pretty good if we picked the first center in the draft at 21. A lot of teams have had success doing that; I can think of a couple divisional opponents specifically. Give Pollack the opportunity to grab his guy at 21; i'd feel pretty good about that. And it allows us to go BPA the rest of the draft (allowing us to make good value picks). 

In round 2 we would likely be looking at a safety, tight end, or possibly defensive end or linebacker that falls.
With two picks in round 3 we could look at defensive end or offensive tackle, and we could grab a first round type talent linebacker in Shaquem Griffen at the bottom of the round.
Round 4 might be the spot we go DT, or offensive line, linebacker, safety
Round 5: we definitely have a DT and secondary player taken by the end of the round.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
5 round mock - Bengalstripes9 - 03-15-2018, 06:07 AM
RE: 5 round mock - Bengalstripes9 - 04-02-2018, 10:55 PM
RE: 5 round mock - wildcats forever - 04-02-2018, 11:57 PM
RE: 5 round mock - Bengalstripes9 - 04-03-2018, 02:18 AM
RE: 5 round mock - ochocincos - 04-03-2018, 02:10 PM