Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The left doesn't want to take your guns!
(04-02-2018, 07:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: First, I appreciate you, somewhat actually answering.  I disagree with your answer to #2, but that's fair.  When you hit three you went a bit off the rails as I'll explain.

First, the thread is not about fear of a repeal of the 2nd Amendment, it never was and I never made the argument that this will actually happen.  The argument of the thread is that confiscation and repeal is a goal of people who claim that it is not.  While appealing the 2A is a herculean task, confiscation is not.  As I've stated numerous times, to which no one has an answer for, they are already confiscating firearms in CA from law abiding citizens.  So, your answer to #3 is pointless as no one is saying that gun control and repeal of the 2A are synonymous. 

Your answer to #4 is predicated on #3, so we'll leave that one alone.  You didn't even attempt to answer #5, which makes me wonder why.  There were calls for very extreme measures at that rally.  If you're a politician at that rally you are showing support for the positions expressed during it.  If you do not disavow any statement you find personally disagreeable then you are agreeing with it.

Your answer to #6 is nonsensical and appears to be predicated on the utterly erroneous idea that this thread is predicting a 2A repeal.  It honestly makes me wonder if people actually read these thread or just see the topic and decide to respond with a pre conceived post.  If you were being honest and actually answering my questions as asked then your answer would have been Democrats.

The answer to #7 is also predicated on your mistaken assumption.  The answer would be an obvious yes.  Why couldn't you just say yes?

You didn't even attempt to answer #8.  I'm wondering if it's because you know that an honest answer would actually bolster the point of the thread.

I'll summarize for all the mistaken assumptions being made here.

Some left anti-gun types would like to repeal the 2A.  Said repeal will not happen today, tomorrow or any time in the foreseeable future.  This does not change the fact that a not insignificant number of these people would like to see it happen and will actively work towards that goal.

Even among those not advocating for repeal desire far stricter laws than are currently in place, to the point of banning all semi-automatic rifles.  This is a even more sizable percentage of anti-gun types.  The extent of desired bans seems to increase as the anti-gun crowd feels the wind at their back.

Based on what has happened in blue states why would any pro gun owner trust the Democratic party on this issue?  A lot of noise was made over Lamb winning in PA.  Lost in that was the fact that Lamb put about as much distance between himself and the party as a whole in regards to gun ownership as you could conceivably do.

So, for those of you countering by shouting "fear monger", take two seconds and actually consider the point being made, not the point you want to argue against

This whole argument is based off of us accepting that limiting the use of assault weapons is driven by a desire to repeal the 2nd Amendment. I don't accept that argument and I don't think you've shown that there is a genuine threat to the 2nd Amendment.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The left doesn't want to take your guns! - BmorePat87 - 04-03-2018, 09:37 AM