Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scotish man convicted for "offensive speech"
(04-02-2018, 10:33 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: What the shit?

https://gizmodo.com/youtuber-count-dankula-convicted-of-hate-crime-for-vide-1823951727

A Scottish YouTube comedian, Mark Meechan, was found guilty of a hate crime on Tuesday for posting a video of himself training his girlfriend’s pug, Buddha, to mimic a Nazi and respond to commands the court ruled anti-Semitic.

In the video from April 2016, Buddha is shown watching Adolph Hitler speaking at a rally at the 1936 Olympic Games in Berlin, raising its paw at the command of “Sieg Heil,” and becoming alert every time Meechan says “gas the Jews”—a trick Meechan demonstrates a dozen times.

Meechan, whose YouTube account name is Count Dankula, praises Buddha in the video by saying, “Who’s a good wee Nazi!”

At the end of the video—which is still up on YouTube in restricted mode and has been viewed more than 3 million times—Meechan says he’s not a racist, he just wanted to piss off his girlfriend.

Video in question:

Video is pretty tame. You could even argue it's anti-nazi since the uploader was making this girlfriend's cute dog into the furthers thing from cute he could think of: A Nazi.

You can tell it's pretty innocuous. This is kind of crazy. Glad I live in the U.S where similar things like this have been deemed unconstitutional. Still though, freedom of speech getting shitted on like this bugs me even if it's across the pond.

Free speech has its limit here in Europe ( I suppose it's the same in Scotland ). You can't do racist things or nazi things. 

That's it. That's our rules.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scotish man convicted for "offensive speech" - Arturo Bandini - 04-03-2018, 09:52 AM