Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The left doesn't want to take your guns!
(04-02-2018, 08:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't know, is there a "majority opinion" on this?  As I've said before the term appears to be sued to make something sound scary and therefore we should ban the scary thing.  I have supplied the origin of the term, that being a select fire, magazine fed, non pistol.

What is a conservative/rightist?  Are you really confused on this?

Have any of these actors given you the impression that they are right leaning or conservative?

Wait, are you asking me to actually define what makes a person be considered liberal or conservative?  Is there not a rather broad consensus on what constitutes a liberal or conservative opinion or topic?

It's only a "weasel term" to someone trying to be a weasel.  As stated above there is broad consensus in this country on what constitutes a liberal vs. a conservative issue or opinion.

Then you've clearly not been paying attention.  Enough of your high jacking this thread though, please return to the thread topic or stop wasting my time with your twaddle.

Also, if you think you actually proved something with that second post I'm highly amused.

Of course I am actually asking you to define the terms you are using. That is why I asked twice, in bolded type.  And now you have dodged twice. 

I don't see a "broad consensus" on what constitutes a liberal or conservative opinion. I do see lots of people--right wingers like Sean Hannity--calling positions they don't like "leftist."  People who cannot themselves define what "right" and "left' mean take up what they hear uncritically, deferring responsibility for their own political understanding to the "many."

LOL your thread title is "The Left Doesn't Want to Take Your Guns," is it not?" but defining "the left" would take the thread off topic?  Your opponents cannot deploy their terms unquestioned, but you can?

How many double standards are running here?
  You are all ready to define assault rifles and long guns when it suits you, i.e., when THE MAJORITY appears mislead on that score; but a call to define a primary term in your thread title is just "twaddle"; You frequently claim others dodge your questions, and look what you are doing now.   Shed the nervous amusement and quippery and chatter about your feelings, and do what you claim others don't--answer the question. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The left doesn't want to take your guns! - Dill - 04-03-2018, 12:30 PM